When is one required to report an accident to the police?

All accidents should be reported, however, it is not a requirement. Accidents involving death, personal injury or if one or more vehicles can not be driven from the scene under its own power must be reported to the police department in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred. If an accident occurs in West Whiteland Township, it cannot be reported to West Goshen Police; it must be reported to West Whiteland Police.

Fender bender type accidents in which there are no injuries and in which the vehicles are operable are not required to be reported; however, your insurance provider may require a police report. A good rule of thumb would be to report all accidents in West Goshen to the police. Learn how to contact the West Goshen Police Department.

Show All Answers

1. How do I request a copy of a police report?
2. How do I contact the West Goshen Police Department?
3. When should 911 be used?
4. How can I get in touch with the West Goshen Police Department via email?
5. Is parking permitted in the Fire Lane(s) in the Goshen and Shop Rite Centers?
6. What is required to be on the vehicle that is parked in a handicapped space?
7. How do you get a Handicapped Placard?
8. What designates a handicapped parking space?
9. Does West Goshen have a dog ordinance?
10. Are “BB” guns permitted in the Township?
11. Is the use of fireworks permitted?
12. When is one required to report an accident to the police?
13. Is there a curfew in West Goshen Township?
14. When a parking ticket is issued, how should it be paid?
15. Does the Township require a permit when someone is selling door to door?
16. How do I provide the Police Department with emergency contact information for my business’s alarm system?