Park and Recreation
Kenneth Lehr, Park and Recreation Director
Thomas Steines, Assistant Park and Recreation Director/Summer Program Coordinator
Events and Updates
The West Goshen Township Park and Recreation Department offers a variety of quality public recreation opportunities for the benefit of West Goshen residents at an affordable price in a fun and safe environment.
The Summer Concert Series kicks off on Sunday, June 22nd with performances throughout the months of June, July, and August:
- Sunday, June 23rd: Children's performance by Makin' Music (Rainsite: East High School)
- Sunday, June 29th: Party favorites with The Greaseband (Rainsite: Fugett Middle School)
- Sunday, July 13th: A celebration of Motown with Love's Magic (Rainsite: East High School)
- Sunday, July 27th: A musical tour of Latin America with Cafe con Pan (Rainsite: East H.S.)
- Sunday, August 10th: Jazzin' it up with The Big Big Jazz Band (Rainsite: East High School)
- Sunday, August 24th: Celtic rockers Blackthorn (Rainsite: East High School)
All concerts are FREE OF CHARGE and begin at 6:30 PM at West Goshen Community Park. In the event of concert relocation due to rain, a notice will be posted on this website after 3:00 PM on the date of the concert.
Commonwealth Classic Theatre Company returns to West Goshen Community Park for a FREE production of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night at 7:00 PM on Saturday, July 19th.
Information and Registration Forms are now available for the Summer 2014 bus trips:
- Friday, August 8th: Yankee Stadium
- Saturday, September 13th: Walking Tour of Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art
Learn about the skatepark at Robert E. Lambert Park. Registrations are now being accepted for the August 18 - 22 Skateboarding Camp.
Learn about the dogpark at Robert E. Lambert Park.
Pavilion rentals are available for groups at Barker Park, located on Falcon Lane and Westtown Road, Coopersmith Park, located on Spring Lane, and West Goshen Community Park, located on N. Five Points and Fern Hill Roads. Each park is equipped with picnic tables, charcoal grills, ball fields and playground areas. A rental fee is charged for the use of electricity, water and rest rooms. Township parks are open daily from dawn to dusk. Groups may check the availability of these facilities by contacting the Park and Recreation Office at 610-696-5266 or by e-mailing Klehr@westgoshen.org. The Application for Pavilion Rental is available online.
Did you know that many of the events sponsored by the West Goshen Park and Recreation Board are free to the public? The West Goshen Park and Recreation Board asks anyone attending a free public event to bring a donation of a dry good item for the West Chester Food Cupboard and the Coatesville Veterans Hospital.
Evens just don't happen...they require the efforts of many. You can help The Friends of West Goshen Parks by becoming a member.
Subscribe to Monthly Email Updates