Bus Trip Policies
- All bus trips are FIRST COME-FIRST SERVED. That is to say, people may register until space for the trip is filled.
- Registration for a bus trip is recorded when a completed registration form and payment are received by the Park and Recreation Office.
- Payment must be made by cash or check. West Goshen Township is unable to accept credit cards.
- Registration may be denied to individuals who have outstanding account balances due to West Goshen Township (e.g., unpaid trash and sewer bills, tax bills, or Township-issued fines)
- There is no deadline for registering for most bus trips. People may register until space for the trip fills up.
- Once a trip fills up, the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department will maintain a waiting list. Names on the list will be recorded in the order in which requests for the trip are received.
- A refund will be granted only if there are other people on the waiting list willing to purchase the vacated space.
- Guests are encouraged to check in ten minutes prior to the trip.
- The first two seats behind the bus driver are reserved for the bus captain. Other seats on the bus are not assigned and allocated on a first-come first served basis. The West Goshen Park and Recreation Department does not guarantee that all members or large parties may be able to sit together on the bus.
- Food and beverages are permitted on the buses. Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and controlled substances are prohibited.
- Buses procured for West Goshen trips are reserved for the group during the event. Guests may leave items on the bus, as no one else will be using it during the day. However, neither West Goshen Township nor the contracting bus company can be held responsible for any lost or stolen property.
- Guests are reminded not to use profane, racist, obscene, or threatening language on the bus and to speak at an appropriate volume.
- Guests are responsible for remembering the bus number and the pickup location for any trip.
- The bus captain as designated by the West Goshen Park and Recreation Director shall act as final arbiter for any disputes between passengers on the bus during trips sponsored by the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department.
- The West Goshen Park and Recreation Department will include driver gratuities in the fee for the trip.
Emergencies and Cancelations
- Bus trips may be canceled due to extreme weather conditions or other emergencies. In the event of an emergency cancelation, a representative from the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department will notify bus trip participants via telephone no later than one hour prior to the bus trip. Refund checks would be mailed to participants.
- Bus trips may be canceled due to low registration. In the event of cancelation due to low registration, a representative from the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department will notify bus trip participants at least two weeks prior to the scheduled departure date of the bus trip. Refund checks would be mailed to the participants.
- The West Goshen Township Park and Recreation Department will not be held responsible for late arrival to trip destination or late return to West Goshen Township due to traffic, mechanical failure, weather, or other emergencies.
- The West Goshen Park and Recreation Department may attempt to negotiate on behalf of trip registrants for partial refunds for missed activities due to causes outside of the control of the Park and Recreation Department. Any settlements reached by the West Goshen Park and Recreation Department shall be final and binding.
- The West Goshen Township Park and Recreation Department may alter the schedule on the date of the event to address time lost to traffic, mechanical failure, weather, or other emergencies.