Board of Supervisors Organizational Meeting
January 5, 2015
1) Pledge Allegiance to the Flag
2) Open the floor for discussion.
3) Board of Supervisors Organization:
a) Vice Chairman opens the floor for nominations for Chairman of the Board of Supervisors
and calls for a vote on motion and returns meeting to newly elected Chairman.
b) The new Chairman of the Board requests nominations for Vice Chairman and elects
4) Chairman of the Board announces the proposed Township and staff appointments for 2015 and asks for motion and vote on the following appointments:
|Township Manager/Secretary||Casey LaLonde|
|Finance Director/Treasurer||Jeanne M. Denham|
|Assistant Township Manager||Derek J. Davis|
|Assistant Finance Director/Human Resources Director||Jennifer M. Latzer|
|Chief of Police||Joseph J. Gleason|
|Director of Public Works||Raymond H. Halvorsen|
|Township Engineer||Richard J. Craig|
|Streets Superintendent||J. David Woodward, Jr.|
|Parks Superintendent||Dorine A. McClune|
|Building/Code Official||John R. Beswick|
|Building/Code Official||Edward M. Hunger|
|Zoning Officer||William E. Webb|
|Deputy Zoning Officer||Richard J. Craig|
|Deputy Zoning Officer||Casey LaLonde|
|Deputy Zoning Officer||John R. Beswick|
|Deputy Tax Collector||Kimberly A. Greene|
|Township Solicitor||Buckley, Brion, McGuire, Morris & Sommer|
|Fire Marshal/Emergency Management Coordinator||Andrea R. Testa|
|Assistant Fire Marshal||Michael D. McCarthy|
|Consulting Engineer||Carroll Engineering Corporation|
5) Chairman announces the proposed appointments for the specific terms in office to various Boards and Commissions and asks for the motion and vote on the appointments:
|Park and Recreation Board||Michael Pillagalli||Member|
|Pension Committee||William Keenan||Member|
|Thomas A. Teneza||Member|
|David B. Brune||Member|
|Planning Commission||Jeffrey Laudenslager||Member|
|Jeffrey S. Lieberman||Member|
|Sewer Authority Board||Ronald E. Rothrock||Member|
|Zoning Hearing Board||Joseph DeFelippes||Member|
|Scott T. Cullinan||Member|
|Vacancy Board||William Keenan||Member|
6) The Board, by motion and vote, approves the following depositories for 2015:
Susquehanna Bank (Formerly 1N Bank)
Pennsylvania Local Government Investment Trusts (PLGIT)
Pennsylvania School District Liquid Asset Fund (PSDLAF)
Citadel Federal Credit Union
National Penn Bank
First Resource Bank
7) The Board votes to recommend to the Board of Auditors that the Township’s Finance Director’s and Manager’s bonds be set at $7,500,000 for 2015.
8) Chairman announces Board of Supervisors meetings for 2015:
All meetings are scheduled for the second Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM: January 14th, February 11th, March 11th, April 8th, May 13th, June 10th, July 8th, August 12th, September 9th, October 14th, November 11th, and December 9th.
9) Chairman announces the 2015 Township holiday schedule on which dates the office will be closed:
|Tuesday||January 1st||New Year's Day|
|Monday||January 19th||Martin Luther King Day|
|Monday||February 16th||Presidents' Day|
|Monday||May 25th||Memorial Day|
|Friday||July 4th (July 3rd)||Independence Day|
|Monday||September 7th||Labor Day|
|Monday||October 12th||Columbus Day|
|Wednesday||November 11th||Veterans' Day|
|Friday||November 27th||Day after Thanksgiving|
10) Possible adoption of Resolution 1-2015 regarding fire response territories.
11) Possible adoption of Resolution 2-2015 adopting the Emergency Operations Plan for West Goshen Township.
12) Possible adoption of Resolution 3-2015 setting the Township Manager’s salary for 2015.
13) Open the floor for public comment.
14) Board of Supervisors’ announcements.
15) Township Manager’s announcements.
16) Approval of the Board of Supervisors’ minutes of December 10, 2014.
17) Any other business to come before the Board.