- Trash, Recycling & Sewer Billing
- Bulk Trash & Recycling
Bulk Trash & Recycling
Bulk trash is picked up on Thursdays.
A maximum of 1 bulk item per dwelling unit will be collected each week. A bulk item is a single large item (e.g., major appliances, furniture, bedding) that 2 people can lift. Refrigerators, air conditioners, and other cooling units must have Freon removed and must be tagged by a professional Freon removal service. A maximum of four carpet rolls, each no longer than four feet in length and width, will be collected.
Cans, boxes, or bags full of smaller trash items will not be collected as bulk trash. Building materials, railroad ties, and automotive parts and tires will also not be collected.
If unsure, please call West Goshen Township at 610-696-5266, ext. 4305 or contact us by email.
Recyclables are picked up on Mondays. For single family homes, recyclables must be placed in Township-issued recycling carts. There is no maximum limit to the amount of recyclables accepted. The Township complex has two dumpsters for extra or large cardboard drop-off.
The following items may be placed into recycling bins:
- Bottles and jars: clear, brown, or green glass
- Cans: aluminum, steel, or tin, as well as pie tins and clean aluminum foil
- Flattened boxes: cereal boxes, gabled juice and milk cartons, and other cardboard boxes
- Junk mail
- Telephone books
- White paper
- Wrapping paper
- Plastics: Number 1 through Number 7
Materials Not Accepted
- Aerosol paint cans
- Food wrappers
- Lids (water bottles, milk jugs, etc.)
- Light bulbs
- Metallic wrapping paper
- Oil cans or bottles (note: motor oil containers must be disposed of with household hazardous waste)
- Pizza boxes (delivery)
- Plastic bags (recycle at your grocery store)
- Plastic wraps
- Plastics without identifying recycling numbers
- Plate glass, window glass, drinking glasses, or mirrors
- Tissues, paper towels, and napkins
- Tyvek envelopes
- Wax or plastic coated boxes
- More information about recycling is available from the Chester County Solid Waste Authority
- Chester Solid Waste Authority's Recycling in the Business Environment video on YouTube